Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turkey, Football, Lights, & Trees.....

The Holidays are here and I couldn't be more excited. I look forward to November and December all year long and every year it goes by faster and faster. I wish I had a pause button I could push at all my favorite parts so that they could just stop long enough for me to take it all in. I have realized that with 3 kids I am always going to miss something. There is not enough of me to fully experience each event with each child. I grew up in a house where tradition reigned supreme! Every holiday had it's own set of traditions and they were never broken!!!(well, almost never) If my mother or father tried to do something "new" they would feel the wrath! Oh my poor poor parents.....how they tried to move the Christmas tree to a different room of the house, or thought it was a good idea to stay home for Thanksgiving instead of going to Bakersfield or when we didn't get calendar's with our stockings. To you these may seem like harmless things, but to us, it was a colossal travesty. I love tradition, it makes my world happy :) I know exactly what to expect, I look forward to these things in life that are exactly the same year in and year out. That is so rare these days, to have things stay the same. Our lives are riddled with change and I hate change so of course I love our traditions that NEVER change. Ok I may be a little OCD about it but it's who I am. I have had the daunting task of trying to come up with new traditions with my husband and our kids. I want them to be just as special as mine were when I was a kid. But slowly we have come up with our family traditions and I see my kids getting excited. This just makes me overjoyed!!!! I dreamed about my kids and how they would be growing up and to see them happy and healthy and loving life just makes me feel so blessed. I try to teach my kids that the holidays are not about what you get from people but the time you spend with your family and the memories that you make. The toys and that stuff, they will break and get lost and lose their fun; but the memories, the laughs, the love; that will never ever leave you. The Lord has blessed us so abundantly and I praise Him for the family I have. I pray that each one of you has a Holiday season full of love, laughs, and great memories.

No comments: