There comes a time when you have multiple children and your life is crazy hectic that you look at your husband and he looks a little like a guy you used to date......that is when it's time to plan a vacation for just you and him !!!!! The time had come, it had been almost 5 years since Ivan and I last had a vacation together alone and it was way past due. He casually asked back in December if we could go on a short cruise together and I was way ahead of him. I had already planned a week long cruise up the Pacific Coast to Vancouver. I wanted so badly to suprise him with it however the suprise was spoiled by Valentines Day..... Oh well, it was still priceless to see his face when I confirmed what he already heard on the answering machine (thanks NCL lady who left the detailed message on the machine). We were both looking forward to some time together to relax, explore, and just have fun. So here are some of my favorite moments together:
Going into the San Francisco Bay: Our favorite city, this was our 5th time to S.F. together and we always have so much fun there together.
This is where we spent most of our time on the ship, it was gorgeous and we would just sit and relax in the sun and Ivan would eat and eat and eat....there was a buffet right there. This explains the differences between us....I loved it because I was outside in the sun and it was quiet except the sound of the ocean, he loved it because there was an endless supply of food within 20 ft. of him......God knew what he was doing when he put us together ;)
The vacation was great and the time with Ivan was even greater. We laughed alot, and ate alot, and explored alot. We made some great memories and I can't wait until the next time I get him all to myself !!!! For all my married friends, invest in your marriage, take the time, spend the money and do it !!!! The rewards are so worth it, a healthy marriage is the best gift you can give your kids.
Ivan I love you more today than ever, thank you for being the man that you are and for loving me the way that you do.
1 comment:
I am smiling from ear to ear. So happy for you two. Love you guys so much! Thank you Lauren for writing..... "just for me"....lol. Lots of hugs!
Post a Comment